spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

3/26 Bday Bash results

Forum for players in Houston, TX and surrounding communities.

Postby Fooser_ace on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:32 pm

3/26 Bday bash results????

Semi doubles 10 teams

1st Randy P & LT A
2nd Alan S & Steve W
3rd Donnie A & Alice B
4th Scott B & Dean S

Handi Dbls 13 teams

We left early (at 1am) so I don't know who ended up winning.

A small but very tough night, good playin everyone :)
Fooser_ace

Postby rprice on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Handicap BYP results:
1st David Vick and Paul Biquet (double dip and highest non-pro team)
2nd Me and LT
3rd Larry Johns and Arthur Mitchell
4th Cecil Sanchez & Joe Reynosa

Great playing LT and way to sober up in time to play the SD finals. lol

Larry Jons and Robert Januc were the only pros that played. Mark Snyder stopped by but didn't play. I wonder why the low pro turnout???? :P

There was a lot of B-Day cards to sign! Happy Birthday to February and March foosers!

*(A.M. I've edited the results for completeness & name spelling)

** Thanks Arthur!
Last edited by rprice on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
rprice

Postby SBLACKBURN on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:02 am

Where's Paula w/ his smack talk he got smacked around pretty GOOD (lol)

Speedy :twisted:
SBLACKBURN

Postby rprice on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:13 pm

I gotta admit...Paul stepped it up in the finals. His push shot and push kick were on and he kept the slop out. We beat them on the winners side partly because he was having problems with the slop. Good job Paul...way to recover.

Will W, I think Mike Gentgen had the charts.
rprice

Postby ComebackKid on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Yes I was having trouble with the slop for most of the night. Thanks for the props Randy. You stepped up as well in the finals. I think both our forwards were struggling. David was getting the ball, but struggling with his shot, and your "D". LT was having trouble getting the ball, but when he did, I had a hard time blocking him with any consistancy. I had a few little runs where I blocked him pretty well, but he had me on the ropes most of the time. Unfortunately we had to play so late, :evil: and I don't think any of us were at our best. But that needs to be discussed in another thread.

Scott, y'all beat us the second time because I let David talk me into playing forward to start that match. Yes we won that 1st game, but he is not as familiar with how you play as I am, and you were playing well. So was Dean. Y'all were to far in front when we switched for us to come back. But the sad part is that after you beat us you got spanked by your wife and Donnie... :lol: :lol:
ComebackKid

Postby ComebackKid on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:42 pm

I forgot, Big Mike gave the charts to Mike Simons.

AND Randy, I did score fairly well in the finals, but you blocked great! I hit some screaming push shots that were going to different holes at different angles and you not only blocked them, but kept most of them in your area! Good Job! 8)
ComebackKid

Postby good2bdaking on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Doesnt seem to have been to many pro's?
good2bdaking

Postby Fooser_ace on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:54 pm

ComebackKid wrote:Unfortunately we had to play so late, :evil: and I don't think any of us were at our best. But that needs to be discussed in another thread.

Paul and David, I know I was behind getting the second one goin, Mike wanted me to play my matches out first before I drew it up to buy a little more time for people to show up. It was such a small turnout that he barely covered the payout. I understand you guys frustration, and do apologize for it.

Hopefully the next Bday Bashes will have a reasonable amount of time to promote so we have a better turnout and have it run at a quicker pace.
Fooser_ace

Postby SBLACKBURN on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Well we all know the story w/ my wife I love her to much to let her take fourth

Speedy :twisted:
Last edited by SBLACKBURN on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SBLACKBURN

Postby ComebackKid on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Fooser_ace wrote:
ComebackKid wrote:Unfortunately we had to play so late, :evil: and I don't think any of us were at our best. But that needs to be discussed in another thread.

Paul and David, I know I was behind getting the second one goin, Mike wanted me to play my matches out first before I drew it up to buy a little more time for people to show up. It was such a small turnout that he barely covered the payout. I understand you guys frustration, and do apologize for it.

Hopefully the next Bday Bashes will have a reasonable amount of time to promote so we have a better turnout and have it run at a quicker pace.

Alice, I do not hold you accountable for that. It was not your fault. When I have time I will start another thread.
ComebackKid

Postby spurs2005 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Were David Vick and A. Mitchell the only pros that came out this past weekend?
We had a decent turnout for our BYP, we have 12 in teams in BYP and i believe 15 in singles. Adn we finished before 2am..I hope I can maek the next BBAsh in Houston. I miss you guys..
spurs2005

Postby a-mitchell on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

spurs2005 wrote:Were David Vick and A. Mitchell the only pros that came out this past weekend?
We had a decent turnout for our BYP, we have 12 in teams in BYP and i believe 15 in singles. Adn we finished before 2am..I hope I can maek the next BBAsh in Houston. I miss you guys..
On the 2010 USTSA list (which is what was used this weekend) the Pros that participated were Robert Janac, Cecil Sanchez, and Larry Johns. On the 2011 IFP list, Vick, Janac, and Mitchell are all ranked Pro. So, no matter which list you use, there were 3 Pros in attendance.
a-mitchell

Return to Houston Foosball

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved