spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

The B-Day Bash 10/10/09

Forum for players in Houston, TX and surrounding communities.

Postby WillD92 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:12 am

1st T McMillin (Ma) R Dunegan (SP)
2nd S King (Ma) R Price (SP)
WillD92

Postby FoozingFox on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:45 am

3rd: LT & Eddie G.
4th: Ronnie L. & Paul

I think, I got that right, guys?
FoozingFox

Postby good2bdaking on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:47 pm

That is an accurate order.

I had a great time. Tracy and Dunigan are tough team. They beat us for the winners and in the finals. We did win the firts set but got beat 5-4 5-4 in the second set. Tracy's shot was in the zone. It wouldnt have mattered who was back there. Hang in there Randy it wasnt what you were doing,,,,, is whas what Tracy was doing. And that was pounding the ball at light speed. We hung in there but I made one mistake in each game and Tracy made us pay. Good job every body. The Bounty thing went off well. I hope we can do it every b-day bash.

Good luck to everyone going to the Bart-O. 8)
Last edited by good2bdaking on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
good2bdaking

Postby ComebackKid on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:22 pm

I had a great time too. I thought the Bounty was fun, although I didn't get to play the Bounty Team. You could easily do it at every tournament, DYP, BYP, or singles. It just adds a little incentive to certain matches.
ComebackKid

Postby deadbarfoos on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:18 pm

thanks on the results, good job Tmac and Randy!

who was the bounty team?
deadbarfoos

Postby rprice on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 pm

good2bdaking wrote:That is an accurate prder.

I had a great time. Tracy and Dunigan are tough team. They beat us for the winners and in the finals. We did win the firts set but got beat 5-4 5-4 in the second set. Tracy's shot was in the zone. It wouldnt have mattered who was back there. Hang in there Randy it wasnt what you were doing,,,,, is whas what Tracy was doing. And that was pounding the ball at light speed. We hung in there but I made one mistake in each game and Tracy made us pay. Good job every body. The Bounty thing went off well. I hope we can do it every b-day bash.

Good luck to everyone going to the Bart-O. 8)

Thanks Scott, I've been trying to figure out how I could have gotten a few blocks on TMac but I'm drawing a blank. lol We did alright offensively, made some good passes, took care of the ball, and we held Dunegan to zero scoring...the pressure was on TMac to win the match and I don't think he even felt it. Next month I'm buying him a shot or two before we play. :P

Speedy and James also gave us a good match. LT and Eddie played us really hard in the losers bracket final. LT was shooting 100% on me the first game and a half. How did we pull that out?

I liked the bounty pot idea even though we didn't get a chance to play against the bounty team.

I'm looking forward to the Bart O...see everyone there!
rprice

Postby T-MAC on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks guys for making it another fun B-Day Bash, and Happy Birthday to all the players celebrating this month.

Good Playing in the finals, you two. Either of those last two games could have gone either way. In fact, you guys had each game in your control. Just needed to convert those opportunities. Scott out played me on the five row, AGAIN. And *newsflash* my five row D is not that weak. lol. But inevitably you had your way with it. Don't you know that I'm ready to make some adjustments? lol. You shot very good too. just missed a couple that you had timed correctly. And Randy, Yeah I scored good on you. But if I hadn't, it would have been just like the last B-Day bash. A very short one sided match. Especially the way you were passing the ball. You and Scott must have connected on 8 or 9 passes, and you executed several others that Scott didn't catch. I can definitely remember a couple of lane passes and at least one middle man pass that you guys didn't convert. It takes a ton of discipline and focus to attempt so few shots from goal. Your timing was dead on too. Congrats for the great goalie play.

Vic played good goalie against us too. Especially after the pummelling them in cash games. :p

Mike Gentgen also played great goalie. Unfortunately they had a target on their back as the bounty team. I seem to always get off to a slow start on you Mike. What was I 0 for 9 to start out?

Paul has been on a steady climb at goalie. You've been shooting good for a while now, but I see your blocking improving everytime I see you play. Keep it up.
T-MAC

Postby good2bdaking on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:07 am

I dissagree Randy, Tracy was feeling the pressure. Everything we did was what we needed to do. Thats why I say "It was what Tracy was doing". My 5 and my shot were at a high level, your production with the ball was at a high level, as you said Randy D scored 0 points. You ran a good D. I saw you make some good adjustments at good times. The X factor in all of that unfortunatly is you cant be every where at the same time.

Dont believe for one second though that Tracy wasnt feeling it. He was. Everybody feels pressure. It is how they handle it that matters. I saw some things in Tracy's expressions and actions that let me know he was under the gun. But Tracy is also a big time player. When the heat gets turned up real high like that he can still perform. And he does. We were only 1 point away twice and we had a shot. We were right there. And that is a good team. Even with the pressure we were putting on them Tracy never skipped a beat. That is what wins championships. Good job Tracy and Randy Dunigan, but also good job to you Randy Price you played in a manner which allowed me to take it to the second set and two game ball games. Even with all the pressure Tracy was putting on me I still felt comfortable. Thats a tribute to your goalie play. Everyone gets drilled sometimes, not letting it effect the rest of your game was hugh.
good2bdaking

Postby speedy on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:29 am

I think everybody we played played real well if we / I would have played the last
ball against scott & randy up front it would have been a little different (LOL)
thanks Scott & randy for the ass kicking I deserved it w/ what I was working with see everybody at Bart O' (sunday)

Thanks, Speedy 8)
speedy

Postby T-MAC on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:38 am

Good point Scott. Randy did all of that passing and taking his time, with the pressure on him, since he wasn't blocking the way he is used to doing. And I could tell you had a lot of faith in him with the ball.
T-MAC

Postby T-MAC on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:42 am

Lol!!! C'mon Speedy. Was it that bad? I didn't see much, except the last part of the last game. But, I'm thinking James had to have been doing pretty darn good up there. Correct me if I'm wrong. Did you score many from goal? Not that I would be surprised, but I know how difficult James can be up front, if he's getting a lot of shots, and gets on a roll. He's got some pretty nasty shots, like his off speed stuff. I'm interested in the details here.
T-MAC

Postby speedy on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:44 am

WEAK FIVE BAR / MEAT BALL DON'T PUT ME IN THE BACK(LOL) :lol:
speedy

Postby T-MAC on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:03 am

Lol. "Nobody puts Speedy in a corner"
T-MAC

Postby good2bdaking on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:37 am

The decesion made on match ball was a bad decesion. Speedy was passing better than James. If it had been my drop it would have been an OK decesion. But Scott had gone up front and made a few passes on me and scored the ball at an acceptable rate. James called the switch, I guess thinking if he got the ball he was shooting better. (he was by a slim margin) but the ball wasn't on the three yet. It was on the 5 and I stole the ball twice from him. I had been scoring well on Scott but he stepped up and got 3 blocks. But I stole 2 from James, picked up one loose ball and one shot came back to me. Thats 4 possesions. Scott blocked 3 but not the 4th. Situational switches can be advantages but they can also kill you. In this case as is in allot of casses with James he calls a switch for the wrong reasons or at the wrong times. It was a bad decession. Even if it had worked, the percintage play was for Scott to make the pass and James to shoot the shot. If only one could take the full possesion (pass and shot) the percintage play was Scott on their drop.
good2bdaking

Postby ComebackKid on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 pm

T-MAC wrote:Thanks guys for making it another fun B-Day Bash, and Happy Birthday to all the players celebrating this month.

Paul has been on a steady climb at goalie. You've been shooting good for a while now, but I see your blocking improving everytime I see you play. Keep it up.

Echo that on the fun B-Bash! Thanks for the props T-Mac. I had fun playing with Ronnie, even though he struggled with his execution most of the night.:)

Big props out to LT & Eddie. We had them down the 1st game 3-0, and they won on meat ball. We won the 2nd game on meat ball. Then had them 4-1 in the 3rd, and Eddie put the wall up on Ronnie. I was blocking LT pretty well, but he hit his best shot of the match on meat ball! :cry:
ComebackKid

Previous

Return to Houston Foosball

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved