spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

Roll Call B-Bash 9/18/09 S.R.O's

Forum for players in Houston, TX and surrounding communities.

Postby good2bdaking on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 pm

I dont know what all this Paul playing front is. One thing is for sure. He wont play front against us. Maybe for a ball or two. But there is no way he stays up there for the match. 8)
good2bdaking

Postby rprice on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Now TMac did say he was playing goalie for Paul...and TMac's a pretty honest guy. So I think it would only be right if he can only play front if he does two shots of patron....and Paul would have to pay for it.
rprice

Postby a-mitchell on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Houston Chronicle, September 19, 2009

LT & AXE Dominate Birthday Bash!

In an unprecedented display of foosball mastery, LT & Axe completely demolished the opposing competition, without losing even a single game! When asked about their astonishing accomplishment, the winners were modest in victory. LT replied, "Really, we were just very fortunate. It started out with 15 teams and we got the lone bye. We expected some tough matches, but because all the other teams had some Shot Drinking thing going on, by the time anybody got to us, they couldn't even stand up straight and they all ended up forfeiting to us. Nevertheless, victory is sweet! The only down side was that we ended up driving everybody else home."

When asked if any of the players caused trouble on the drive home, Axe confirmed the rumors that have been circling for years, "Everybody was very gracious with the exception of that T-Smack guy! He kept mumbling something about getting his real partner to fly in. Because he was slurring his words so badly, it was difficult to determine who he was talking about, but my best guess is he was referring to a player from Japan by the name of Gu My San."

Tournament Director Mike Simons refused to comment as to whether there would be any more Birthday Bashes in the future.
a-mitchell

Postby rprice on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:31 pm

See LT, I told you were too late. Arthur has apparently been HEAVILY drinking.

So sad......................<_ _>
rprice

Postby good2bdaking on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 pm

An unsuspecting person walked by, at the right moment Axe pounced. Turns out the player wasnt so unsuspecting and not only was ready but lept back, axe took off astounded by the misshap and confused he decided to make up a long story about something that was so impossible he thought no one could question it. Turns out the Houston Chronical ran the story based on the CEO saying it was real news. The CEO is now under investigation for accepting a bribe. We dont know if the two are related yet or not. Neither party could be reached for coment.
good2bdaking

Postby WillD92 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Arthur, your creative writing class paid off. Let's see how your fortune telling class is.
WillD92

Postby ComebackKid on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:37 am

The Birthday Bash was great as usual. A Special thanks goes out to Natalie for taking care of getting the cakes mmm,mmm good! T-Mac and I started the night ou by welcoming Mark Snyder back to the bash, after winning a close one against Mark and Alan we lost and even closer one to Farwall and James. :( Then began the treck through the losers bracket. 1st up was Will and Bill, :twisted: the sensational rookie team that won highest placing rookie team. We eeked that one out. Then we had to play the most frightening team in the tourney. :? Despite the constant bickering between the partners and all the antics and distractions they tried to create, Axe and LT could not get the win.
T-Mac managed to squeeze a couple between Axe's incredible "D". Well, I think Axe should've played front, unbeknownced to him, L.T. was secretly taking shots at the bar,( I hope he made it home OK) He was delusional, he even thought he was dominating everyone and getting slopped out. :shock: Kept mumbling something about" if his partner could just get ONE block, they would have won the tournament . :roll: Maybe we could take up a collection or do an intervention for LT, hate to see anyone like that. :cry:

I have to go, but I'll tell the rest of the story when I get home. :wink:
ComebackKid

Postby rprice on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Here's what happened at the B-Day Bash:

rprice wrote:All right...my partner already got three drinks lined up and its not even Friday yet. Now that's confidence boys and girls. :P

So let's get this straight...we're going to being doing shots of patron to get things started, then laugh at Paul trying to play front, taking bets on how long TMac can keep getting pounded on in goal before grabbing the front rods, keeping an eye out for the thirsty Supreme All-Knowin All-Powerful Head Official Arthur in the weeds looking for LT who's out looking for Shawn, talking to Blackburn about punctuation and the english language, handing out ass-whoopins Scott K has been collecting all week (free), and what else...oh yeah, watching Scott King close out the last match of the night..............again. :P
Sounds like a good night out in H-Town.

Am I missing anything here? Oh that's right, SOUTHSIDE RULES!!!

...except I didn't find the time to talk to Blackburn. :P

As for how our matches went: Scott King played better and better as the night went on...and he started out really, really good!! I started out really, really bad but Scott kept talking me thru it. Ronnie L and Curtis H gave us real scare in the semis. Half of the balls that came into my area stopped on Ronnie's 3, half of Ronnie's shots that I managed to block went back to Ronnie's 3. lol Ronnie didn't need the extra help from me...he was holding his own the 5, he was timing me really well, and his shots were crisp and quick. It came down to 3rd game, we're down 3-4 and I'm not sure what happened. Scott shifted gears and the ball never made it back to my side of the table, shook hands, good match, done deal. By the time we played Chad H and James E for the winners bracket, I was back on track and doing some good things. Scott was shooting lights out by now...every hole. They got a little frustrated, it was over in 2. In the finals against TMac and Paul B, we both played well. Scott won the 5 and shot at a high clip against Paul (long, long, long, long, long, long...asked me if I saw a split, I said yes...long, long, long, long). Final match closed. No whiffs, no stuffs. It WAS a good night out in H-Town. :D
rprice

Postby good2bdaking on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:46 pm

I had a fantastic time Saturday night. Alot of good players and good teams. To see Ronny Lewis and Mark Snyder there was a cool surprise. My partner played great by not putting any undue pressure on me. I was playing good, but really it was because I was relaxed and comfortable. That in my opinion is very important in a team. It is up to the goalie to put his forward in a comfort zone. If the forward is comfortable he will play better and apply pressure to the other team. By putting pressure on the othe team it takes both of them out of their comfort zone. It is very dificult to play well if you are not comfortable and with added pressure it can actually make them play at a less than desired level. Randy did exactly that. I was applying pressure and he never let the pressure get put on me. Making timley blocks and passes but also controlling the tempo.

Tempo was something I decided we needed to work on and thru the night I kept talking to Randy about it. Before a couple of matches I made it a point of interest and explained how I wanted Randy to do it. He made all the right adjustments and implimented everything I needed. Good job randy, our work and time together is paying off.

Ronny lewis surprised me. He played very good, and I saw him throw some fast balls of old. Of course Tracy and Paul, John and Randy, and Chad all played well. Seeing Tracy and Paul in the finals was what I had expected and I was pretty fired up for it. Randy and I both played well but there were a coupe of times in the match when the pressure could have turned but each time I needed something to happen it did. Weather it be a steal or a good pass from Randy or the two or three times when I looked up and just found the ball on my 3 row. Tracy made a coment to me after the match that there wasnt any pressure on me. Exactly what I had hoped for and we took advantage. Everyone plays better when the pressure is on the other team. Fortunatly for us it worked out that way.

It was all around a fun Saturdaynight. 8)
good2bdaking

Postby deadbarfoos on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:29 am

is there any results yet?

-Ben
deadbarfoos

Postby good2bdaking on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:22 am

1 Scott King - Randy Price
2 Tracy McMillan - Paul B.
3 Chad H - James

I am not sure after that. I think Ronny Lewis and Curtis Holand was in the mix and maybe John Smith and Randy Dunigan also somewhere in there.
good2bdaking

Postby ComebackKid on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:26 am

1st Scott K. & Randy P. :twisted:
2nd T-Mac & Paul B. :?
3rd Chad H. & James E. :oops:
4th Ronnie L. & Curtis :shock:
ComebackKid

Postby deadbarfoos on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 pm

thanks for the results, good job !"Da King and the Price is always right" 8)
deadbarfoos

Postby BillV on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Good turnout, lots of great teams to watch and get bashed on by. We (Will & Bill) got to start against Ronnie and Curtis. Ronnie put a lot of pressure on my 5 bar and shot great. I thought I was shooting pretty good but Curtis was always in the hole. We came back against Rick and Hollywood to get the top rookie spot, then I noticed that when we got to Tracy and Paul that Tracy was up front, I'm sure he was scared of my shot :!: :?:

BillV
BillV

Postby speedy on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:08 pm

yes , Speedy & Dirty Sanchez played o.k but never really recovered from the
slow play of Ronnie L. and we all know the story after that we where never seen again (LOL) maybe next time / see everybody at the Bart O' that's it for me till then taking a long needed break from foosball to have quality time w/ the kids 8)

Thanks, Speedy :D
speedy

Postby dafarwall on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:29 pm

who won ???

this is DA farwall :)
dafarwall

Postby good2bdaking on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:48 pm

uuuummmm ,,,,, look a few posts up. :roll:
good2bdaking

Postby good2bdaking on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:54 pm

I just cought what you said Randy. "asked me if I saw the split, I said yes, long, long, long".
Thats funny, I remember I did at one point ask you if the middle was there. I had scored several longs but I still didnt see the middle was there. It was getting bigger, you said yes and when I got the ball again I took one look, I wasnt sure it was there, looked kinda tight. Looked back at the long, he was bobbing out of it. I timed it and went there again. But its funny how you say that. "Asked if I saw the split, I said yes, long, long, long. :lol: :lol:
good2bdaking

Postby rprice on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:42 pm

lol, that's exactly as it happened from where I was standing...funny moment. 8)
rprice

Postby ComebackKid on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:33 pm

TTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

Think I'll leave a man in the long next time! :mrgreen:
ComebackKid

Previous

Return to Houston Foosball

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved