spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

BIRTHDAY BASH 8/15/09 (S.R.O'S)

Forum for players in Houston, TX and surrounding communities.

Postby speedy on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:09 am

ROLL CALL BIRTHDAY BASH SATURDAY 8/15 @ S.R.O'S
SINGLES AND DOUBLES SAME TIME AS ALWAYS FOR QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT MIKE SIMONS @ (832) 788-2009
speedy

Postby speedy on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:13 am

WILL BE PLAYING SINGLES ONLY :twisted:
speedy

Postby ComebackKid on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah, sorry Speedy, but Shawn and I had talked about playing in this last Bash before Worlds a while back.

So it'll be Mac Daddy Shawn McMillin and The ComebackKid Paul Biquet. 8) :D

But maybe me and Speedy will team up for the first one after Worlds, hopefully with a title in our back pocket.

Which reminds me Speedy, keep your eyes open and looking around on the ground, pick up all the woopins you see layin around so we can give out plenty at Worlds!!! :!: :lol: :lol:
ComebackKid

Postby speedy on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:57 pm

yes, been picking them up left and right going to practice my SINGLES game
for now since I haven't been playing singles at the last few B-BASH's
only going to play about 50% to save my arm and back to carrie the load but just remember your going to have to drink the water this time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
speedy

Postby ComebackKid on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:33 pm

I'll be acting like a camel, and get a drink that will last a while :!:

Plus I'll be limiting my events so I can be at my best in the ones I do play in.

:D :D :D :D
ComebackKid

Postby speedy on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:56 pm

I will only be playing in the no-pro events and the semi events
which puts me playing in three total for a mire $320 :shock:
speedy

Postby speedy on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:06 am

bump***** 8) BUMP 8) *****
speedy

Postby good2bdaking on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:06 pm

Hey, this weekend is the birth day bash! I always like this tourny. Who is playing with who?

Those that I know are

Randy, the price is right and Scott, itsgood2bdaing
Tracy, T-Mac and Mike Gentgen

Who else is in for this one. The Worlds are coming soon, its time to get out and practise. Hell I havent touched a table sense Houston city. Randy that might be a good thing or it might be a bad thing. I have no idea how I will play. I can say the last time I was on a table I won a big tourny. I hope it carries over. :D
good2bdaking

Postby rprice on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:43 pm

good2bdaking wrote:Randy that might be a good thing or it might be a bad thing. I have no idea how I will play. I can say the last time I was on a table I won a big tourny. I hope it carries over. :D

We'll be fine...like riding a bike. 8)

Me and Joe went over to Josh's Tuesday and I started out bad...terrible. But I was thumping a few down the table and started running some good defenses by the end of the night. :P
rprice

Postby ComebackKid on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:34 am

Thumping :?: What did you do :?:

Put a boombox on the table :?:

Everyone knows you don't have a shot :!: :P

:P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ComebackKid

Postby rprice on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:59 pm

LOL, that's a good one. j/k
:P
I would say I'll see you Saturday, but its been a LONG time since I've seen you across the table from me. :P

Try to get there early and maybe can play a pick-up game before you have to leave.lol
rprice

Postby ComebackKid on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:41 pm

I don't plan on leaving till I finish beating whoever comes out of the losers bracket. 8) But I'll warm up on you before I torch those that aren't skeered to play singles :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ComebackKid

Postby rprice on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 pm

ComebackKid wrote:I don't plan on leaving till I finish beating whoever comes out of the losers bracket. 8)

I see, you're trying something different. :P

In that case, see you Saturday.
rprice

Postby good2bdaking on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 pm

It has been a while sense we have seen Paul far enough out to bump into us. Come on Paul, your gonna have to try harder. :P
Oh and by the way, those that want to go up against me and Randy have to stay in the winners, uuumm because you know, thats where we hang out. 8)
good2bdaking

Postby WillD92 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:35 am

Good Job at Paul winning the Singles Event.

I took off early, what were the doubles results?
WillD92

Postby rprice on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Paul played really well in singles, but I am pretty sure LT got a rag to win it in the second set.

Doubles:
1st: John S and Randy D
2nd: Scott K and Randy P
3rd: Ronnie L and Curtis H
4th: Tracy M and Mike G

Scott K was getting back to form since taking some time off after Houston City. I don't think he was happy with his shooting but his 5 row was really good...and he has added a few new wrinkles to it. He was still able to help me out a ton on adjustments that pulled us through some tight matches.

Our last 3 matches were intense, at least for me. There is no better feeling to me than playing under pressure with a constant adrenalin rush and trying to keep it under control for whole match...much less 3 in a row. We all know what TMAC brings at you...pressure. It was great to see Ronnie Lewis back at it. It looked like he was having a good time and was playing hard. I thought I would take advantage of his lack of playing and run a post D. He looked at once then twice then blasted a dead long that was a no doubter...and it was QUICK. I never showed him that D again. lol John S and Randy D were the best team of the night. They put us in the loser's earlier. John and Scott had a really good fight on the 5. Randy was running a really good D both matches. In the finals, we controlled the first game. I thought they got some breaks the second game, but they definitely controlled the last one...it seemed like evey big point John was finding a way to score.

Great playing Scott! I had a blast.

On a down note, Terence's truck was broken into...that sucked.
rprice

Postby ComebackKid on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Thanks Will, but Randy is right, LT lucked out on the last meatball to win it. But I did play really well in singles, not so good in doubles. Just kidding LT, he played really well too. We both wanted it bad. Played him for the winners bracket. It went 3 games, all meatball. In the finals, I was really pumped after beating John Smith for the first time ever in singles. I won the first set, but again, all 3 games went meatball. Second set I think he won the first game on meatball, I won the second on meatball. Third game he was up 3-0 and I tied it up at 3, he scored to make it 4-3, and I called time-out. I put the ball in play and tried a pass that he blocked, but I got it any way, and used my 2nd time-out. After the ready protocal I touched 2, then did a blazing long push-kick on the roll to make it meatball for the 9th game in a roe. He passed and I got a block. I tried a push that he blocked, and it went off the wall and in my goal. I had a lot of fun playing singles last night. It has been quite a while since I really had fun in singles. Wish Mike had seeded the doubles brackets. 4 of the best teams were all at the bottom of the chart. Scott K. and Randy P. vs T-mac and MikeG. then John S. and Randy D. vs Shawn Mc and Paul B. If i was a big betting man, and youtold me that me and Shawn would be 2 and out I would have bet $100 that wouldn't happen. Lost meatball to John and Randy and T-mac killed us. It was good to see Ronnie out, I thought he played great. His shot looked like it did 20 years ago. I lived with Ronnie for 3 years, so I saw it plenty.LOL :lol:
Congrats to all the winners! :D
ComebackKid

Postby FoozingFox on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:27 pm

One out of the money again, boooo... :roll: Darn it!

I did have a great time however. Congratulations to the winners, "good job" :wink: ! The competition was awesome as usual...
FoozingFox

Postby ComebackKid on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Guess I should've had spagetti with all those meatballs :!: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ComebackKid

Postby good2bdaking on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:28 am

It was a peddle to the metel from the very start kind of night. In our first round Randy and I played Tracy M and Mike G. Our second round was John S. and Randy D. Loosing that match on match ball we went to the loosers. We had 2 rounds that were agains amatures and or semi's then right back in to the fire against Tracy and Mike again. Then Ronny Lewis and Curtis Holland. Then John S. and Randy D. again.

Paul mentioned the brakets. The bottom half was deffenatly loaded with some experianced players. It gave the rest of the field an oppertunity at watching one or two of the better teams go out two straight. Some one asked me after my second match, "what are you doing in the loosers?" Any one in the house gopes up against Tracy then John has a pretty fair chance at going to the loosers.

It was a tough night.But as Randy said it sure got your blood pressure up!
good2bdaking

Return to Houston Foosball

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved