spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

A/B Draw

Discussion, suggestions and help regarding NetFoos Tournament Software, Online Statistics and Local Foosball Forums.

Postby TheFoosMaster on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Is there any possibility that NetFoos will have a auto A/B draw software in the near future set up to use at local tournaments with local points and ITSF points taken into account?
Currently we use playing cards for our draw because the internet signal in the Foos Room is too weak to use NetFoos during tournaments but we are hoping to get a better wireless router for the bar soon.
TheFoosMaster

Postby Mark on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 am

Currently, the only other DYP option in the system is the ProAm DYP where the top rated half of the players are partnered with the bottom rated half of the players. Other than that it is all random as a normal DYP. This uses the "local points" for the calculations. Outside of that, it will likely be some time before I get to any other updates in this section as there are some other items currently at the top of my to-do list that I still need to do.

Hopefully this is along the lines of what you needed.

Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby PGAFooser on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Mark,

That's exactly what we needed.

Guy,

It works well, but uses only Local Points, so if a new player joins, they're at 900 unless you know they are ITSF rated and want to start them at a higher point level.

By the way, in my test case, I drew you for a partner, so you're screwed.

P.
PGAFooser

Postby TheFoosMaster on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:45 am

No Problem, I'll just have to deal with it.
:lol:

Guy
TheFoosMaster

Postby hughsfoos on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 pm

How does the Pro/Am program deal with players tied for points at the middle of the split? Does it allow the TD to decide who will go into which division?

Hugh
hughsfoos

Postby PGAFooser on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Mark will need to answer that question since it deals with how the code is written.

In my book, if they're that close, let any method decide.

However, you're right, its a big deal if its the difference between playing as a pro and playing as a rookie.

Perry
PGAFooser

Postby hughsfoos on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Yes, it can be a big deal for any player to be asked to carry a beginner when that player is a beginner as well.
With our Split-Draw events in J-ville, we normally put either the most experienced player or the player we feel has the most forward ability in the "A" division in cases where there are ties at the middle.

So Mark, what's the word. Does the Pro-Am software give TDs the opportunity to decide which division any players tied at the middle will be in?
hughsfoos

Return to NetFoos Services

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved