spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

Need to Start Having Tournaments-Suggestions Needed

Discussion, suggestions and help regarding NetFoos Tournament Software, Online Statistics and Local Foosball Forums.

Postby inyourface on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 pm

I am looking for suggestions on how to begin to have tournaments in my area - rural Chicago suburbs! Suggestions needed as to how I can bring tournaments to my area!
Thanks!
inyourface

Postby TheFoosMaster on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Collect e-mails of All people that play at the location and start e-mailing everyone each week couple days before a chosen day to play the tournament. Soon you should have enough people to play the tournament each week on that day(s). Keep collecting e-mails and start posting results on NetFoos and put the NetFoos shortcut on each e-mail.
If your location, like mine, has limited or no internet access I have software that can help. I have personal software that I created with Microsoft Excel that I use to run the brackets for the tournaments and it keeps up with all players and their information. It is basic software and can be a little confusing to use at first but is mostly automatic and works quite well if used correctly. I am willing to send a CD and instructions with a copy of the software to any Foos Fanatic that is interested. Your cost is only the shipping.
Personally I recomend the NetFoos software if you have internet access at the tournament location.
If you are ever in Charlotte, NC come see us on Wednesdays and Fridays at Steamers Sports Pub off of Albemarle Rd. or Saturdays at Bayley's Sports Bar in the Pineville area of Charlotte. We are listed on NetFoos.

Guy Turner

FoosMaster@live.com
TheFoosMaster

Postby PGAFooser on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:28 pm

FoosMaster is right. Gathering an e-mail distribution list is the first and best step in the process. We did this in Richmond, Louisville and Charlotte during my stints playing in each city and it works wonders. You get folks talking a bit of smack, offering up practice nights at someone's house, adding an extra tournament night in a new venue and pretty soon, its booming. Using Net Foos has boosted interest in our tournaments from folks in neighboring cities. They can see how many teams, how much money, etc. It also gives regulars some incentive to boost their ELO points rating and work toward end-of-year goals/awards/prizes.

Good luck to you as you launch this venture.

PGA
PGAFooser

Return to NetFoos Services

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved