spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

Question for Mark

Discussion, suggestions and help regarding NetFoos Tournament Software, Online Statistics and Local Foosball Forums.

Postby AmyW on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:20 am

Hi Mark,

Two questions....I'm completely stupid when it comes to Elo points for our local player base...can you direct me to the instructions on this site for how to do this?

Also, we need to submit our results from the Chicago tourney this past weekend to Mury/Shaun. Does that need some sort of formatting to be submitted on your end?

Sorry to sound like such a dolt - I haven't used this site in quite some time and a lot has changed. No hurry...and thanks!

Amy
AmyW

Postby Mark on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:09 am

Hi Amy,

For the NetFoos Elo system, here is a link to some additional details to get you refreshed on the system here (in the modules section of the admin see ELO_Points_Calculations_1_10).

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=420

As for the data export, I have now activated that module for your account's use (see module Cooper_Data_Export_2_0). This is very new and has not actually been tested so maybe we could work together by keeping me in the loop when you send your results to Cooper -- this way he can follow up with me if there are any issues.

Also, and this must be done first, you will need to include the USTSA player code (if they are not already entered) for all your players (update in the Edit Player section of the admin) before you export the data. If a player does not have a code you will need to create your own unique player code for them (e.g. CHI2009-WINM1 or CHI2009-WEIA1). This way they can do a find/replace on your code with the official one they assign to the player. If you don't have the player codes in there I don't think they will be able to work with the data.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby AmyW on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:05 am

For the NetFoos Elo system, here is a link to some additional details to get you refreshed on the system here (in the modules section of the admin see ELO_Points_Calculations_1_10).

I already have all the players set at a 32 Elo default and have for quite some time. I think I'm not understanding how this is supposed to calculate...after a match, with the 32 default, are the points supposed to adjust? Or do I manually have to go in an calculate them myself?

I'll look at the Export module a little later - I already have player codes for everyone who played this past weekend, so this should be pretty easy.

Thanks!
AmyW

Postby Mark on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:45 am

Hi Amy,

The Elo module doesn't auto update the local points yet, hopefully soon I will have some time to implement that feature to update all the player's points with one click. For now, the module will give you a report that you can print out and/or manually update player's local points in the system if desired.

Since it doesn't auto update yet, you can have some fun playing around with changing the various variables to see how it effects the rankings. Once you get to the module main page, click "Preview Data" to view the rankings in default mode -- after trying that you can play around with the variables to see how things change. Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the report page you can copy/paste the data from the text box into Excel for easier viewing/printing.

Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to NetFoos Services

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved