spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

What was that one foos table everyone had?

Anything and everything related to foosball

Postby surfnfoos on Sat May 21, 2011 12:35 am

New here, quick question.

I've been playing on Tornado tables recently but was trying to remember the table I grew up playing on. It seemed like everyone had the same one:

Single goalie, slanted corners, synthetic players.

Looked like this one:

but I can't find anything else mentioning Murrey tables. Does anyone know what it was?
surfnfoos

Postby PGAFooser on Sat May 21, 2011 8:11 am

The men and green playfield in your photo are consistent with a DeutschMaster twhich was a common able from the 1970s and 80s. However, the handles to a DM were hard black ribbed plastic and the outer body was usually a darker veneer.
PGAFooser

Postby Jimmy K on Thu May 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Tournament soccer. The million dollar game. Ring a bell ?
Jimmy K

Postby FoozingFox on Thu May 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Dynamo originally & then Tornado...
FoozingFox

Postby Foozkillah on Fri May 27, 2011 3:22 am

PGAFooser wrote:The men and green playfield in your photo are consistent with a DeutschMaster twhich was a common able from the 1970s and 80s. However, the handles to a DM were hard black ribbed plastic and the outer body was usually a darker veneer.

Looks like a Bluetop (QuarterMillion Dollar Game) butcher block table... has the Bluetop (and the TS Greentop before that, too) painted red and blue men.. BUT SOMEONE PUT the latter TS browntop "Coca-Cola Can" knobby handles on it. I've seen the Deutscher-Meisters get upgraded to those TS or other similar clone playing figures... but the original Deutscher-Meister playing figures had flatter and thinner feet, not to mention square feet. The next D-M playing figures had feet closer to the shape of the TS Greentop/Bluetop tables (which Strikers tables also adopted in the early 90s), but they were still square toed.

Deutscher-Meisters seemed to be everywhere around the country before the 80's .. Much more so than the TS Bluetop/Greentops... I don't remember TS tables proliferating until the TS Browntops started to in 79/80 ... And there were Deutscher-Meisters everywhere around. So that's prolly that one foos table "everyone" had. If you remember hollow rods with very quick action as well as coil-spring and damper type bushings.. You're talikin' D-M. If you remember solid rods with solid bushings with simple iron or steel washers, then that'd be that picture you have... a Bluetop/Greentop albeit with Browntop handles.
Foozkillah

Postby fooserron24 on Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 pm

it is a dynamo table ...just like the one i started on in the 70's dam i am old...foosing fox I do beleave you are rite .....fooserron...
fooserron24

Postby deadbarfoos on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Dynamo with lemon pledge to spray on the rods ,yellow balls ,,brown surface maple sides (like the blonde cabinet of a Tornado)

had one in 1986
deadbarfoos

Postby FoozingFox on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:30 pm

LOL, *blush* my first Dynamo was a 1976 model, coin op W/ red & blue men. I was "really" young when I first started playing foos :oops: . I still have a few men & some white & yellow balls somewhere...
FoozingFox

Postby chittychittybangbang on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:58 am

Yes but who amongst us remembers the 'Championship' tables. The arcade I grew up near had 3 kinds, TS, Dynamo and Championship, we just called them Champions. I liked them as well as Dynamo, but always hated TS, always. They were (TS) before my time as a true player, and I was glad to see them go. The champions also disappeared. Haven't seen one since, they were great precision machines with wood handles and played like a tornado though heavier duty with the solid rods and single man goalie rod. Fast though, with white TS-like balls but rougher/courser texture, not smooth and slick like TS but more like Tornado balls. Green top, butcher block oak cabinet but the men resembled TS but red and yellow jerseys and white charlie chaplain hats. I'd like to see one again someday.
chittychittybangbang

Postby mikeg on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:00 pm

I had a Champion for many years. Too bad the men broke like the TS's. I think most of my 5 row guys had the feet glued back on and drilled out from the bottom with a nail for reinforcement. :)
mikeg

Postby Garyfoos on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:23 am

In 1977 I bought a bluetop butcher block quarter million dollar table brand newfrom lighthouse pools for about $400 I believe and thats the table youhave
Garyfoos

Postby Garyfoos on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 am

Sorry my table didn't have coin box and ball return was on each end but that is who made it
Garyfoos

Return to General Foosball Discussion

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved