spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

Tornado "The Twister"

Anything and everything related to foosball

Postby ASQ on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I am considering buying a new table. I have not seen it yet, but the seller is telling me it is "The Twister." My questions are: Was there a predecessor to the Twister II and is this it? (I assume it is, but I can find nothing at all about the first generation anywhere on the web) How is it different? Can I get replacement parts for it? Any feedback on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
ASQ

Postby hughsfoos on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:07 pm

ASQ,

The previous model is unimportant. Yes, parts are available. Check out Charlie Mac's site, for all your parts needs.

The real question is: what is your planned use for this table? Is it just for fun with friends and the kids? Is it for tournament preparation? Or is it just to complete your game room?

If you want this table to prepare for tournaments, you should look at the Tornado Cyclone, T2000 or a coin-op table. They will cost more, but you'll be happier in the end. The Twister II is acceptable for leisure use by you along with your friends and kids.

BTW, how much is the seller asking? Make sure you check out your options on the internet. There are several reputable companies with great prices on Tornado tables AND the cost of shipping will be offset by a lack of sales tax if you buy from an out of state company. Charlie Mac's site is one of those reputable companies with great prices. Our player's association uses Charlie as our exclusive supplier for Tornado foosball tables and parts.

Hugh
hughsfoos

Postby ASQ on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks so much for the quick reply. This table is for my game room for playing with my boys. My friend has a T2000 we use for serious play. I am not a tournament player, but we do have some serious games with fellow local enthusiasts.

You say the previous model is unimportant, but I assume they must have made some changes when they renamed it the Twister II. I'm wondering if it was anything significant. I have to drive a ways and pick up this table so I don't want to bother if it is not up to the standard of the current Twister II. If you know anywhere I could get information on this older model, please let me know.

From photos and the seller's word, the table looks to be in excellent condition and he is onlly asking $150. Seems like a steal to me, but I would be interested in your opinion. Thanks again.
hughsfoos wrote:ASQ,

The previous model is unimportant. Yes, parts are available. Check out Charlie Mac's site, for all your parts needs.

The real question is: what is your planned use for this table? Is it just for fun with friends and the kids? Is it for tournament preparation? Or is it just to complete your game room?

If you want this table to prepare for tournaments, you should look at the Tornado Cyclone, T2000 or a coin-op table. They will cost more, but you'll be happier in the end. The Twister II is acceptable for leisure use by you along with your friends and kids.

BTW, how much is the seller asking? Make sure you check out your options on the internet. There are several reputable companies with great prices on Tornado tables AND the cost of shipping will be offset by a lack of sales tax if you buy from an out of state company. Charlie Mac's site is one of those reputable companies with great prices. Our player's association uses Charlie as our exclusive supplier for Tornado foosball tables and parts.

Hugh
ASQ

Postby cobra nuggets on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Yea most everyone will say buy a coin op since it is much more heavy duty, resells much better, etc. but at $150 thats a good deal if the table is in decent shape.

Also there are not any real drastic changes between home models (twister, whirlwind, twister II, etc) so you will not have any problem finding parts for it..
cobra nuggets

Postby james442 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:35 am

ASQ,

Thanks for sharing this post.
james442

Postby anymore5678 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:41 pm

anymore5678

Postby evintent on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:08 am

I love tornado especially the
evintent

Return to General Foosball Discussion

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved