spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

FOOSBALL TOUNAMENT @ THE PELICAN REEF 8/4/12

Chat or post information about foosball tournaments.

Postby caveman70458 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Hey Im with you Jamie.It sucks to get a grenade but again it is a draw not a bring.Sometimes that happens and some more than others.Thats why I push to get yall to come out to the big ones or the brings for sure show you can play with a good player/friend or whatnot.Also playing in singles events is another way.Sounds like yall are tripping on the draws you get.How bout doing a HI/LO Draw once a week instead of a regular DYP or even better if you get a true beginner you get a floating point.Theres alot of ways to even the playing field without stressing over a true Newbie!We have done that over here and it has worked in the past.Just need to know when that Newbie cant get that point anymore because his skills have past that spot(ie Ben Cornett)

Even better,do you ever wonder why we have a smaller area of players but we get 12-15 teams every week?We make the Newbies feel at home and promote to them.We of course promote to our higher level as well but you have to push for the Newcomers.Bring them to the side and show them some stuff.15 mins or less is all it takes and then youll see them when you get to the tourney practicing and then of course getting better.
caveman70458

Postby Brad on Bass on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:48 pm

greg childress wrote:How did you guess Brad.... Lmao

Greg C.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: BG - U funny! I'll take a 2x NSG shirt! I want "Newbie Pride" on the front of mine. I'm a 30 yr plus newbie! Damn, you'd think I'd learn how to play by now! :roll:
Good points there Jamie! Just a thought, but would raising the entry fee in Ft Walton to 10 bux possibly help? I know there will be 2 sides to this as well, raising the entry fee may be enough to bring out the players and may deter some grenades. OR the 5 bux entry fee will allow any and all to easily join the tournament. I am personally for including any and all people that want to play .But I see your point and I've been there as we all have.
Brad on Bass

Postby greg childress on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Brad I think you nailed it right on the head.... Make the EF just enough that it makes you think " do I want the free pizza that bad? Do I want to play and lose my $10? " plus it will make the players that do have the "newbies" step up because there is a nice Lil pot at the end!

Greg C.
greg childress

Previous

Return to Foosball Tournament Announcements

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved