spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

FOOSBALL TOUNAMENT @ THE PELICAN REEF 8/4/12

Chat or post information about foosball tournaments.

Postby bamafoos on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:21 pm

pelican reef restaurant
11799 dauphin Island parkway
theodore al 36582
251-973-2670
foosball tournament august 4 2012
1st
goalie wars
single elemination race to 7 win buy 2
start @ 6pm sharp
entry fee 5.00
2nd
(3000 BYP ) $50.00 in pot, 6 or more will add $50.00 more
lower player must play front
regs@ 7pm
start @ 8pm
entry fee $10.00
bamafoos

Postby greg childress on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:46 am

Goalie wars that I suck at, and a 3000 BYP with am up front..... Count me out .

Greg C.
greg childress

Postby caveman70458 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:22 am

Yea.Im kinda out as well.Keep pushing Lee.Ill hit the next one if I can.
caveman70458

Postby Choike2 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 am

Hey Billy Idol, pre-she-ate-it.... :twisted: 8)
Last edited by Choike2 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Choike2

Postby bamafoos on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:20 pm

ok. this is what we going to add to this tournament 100% pay back forward shoot out.
race to 7 win by 2
entry fees
Beginners--------- 0 - 899 ========== free
Amateurs --------900 - 1400 ======== 5.00
Expert ---------1401 - 1800 =========10.00
Pro -----------1801 - 2400===========15.00
Master ---------2401 ===============20.00
start time will be 7pm sharp so dont be late
bamafoos

Postby Choike2 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 am

How is the forward "shoot-out" set up? 8)
Choike2

Postby bamafoos on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:35 pm

jamie joe blow will shoot then the you will shoot who ever gets to 7 or win by 2 so if joe blow makes a ball he gets a point then you shoot if you make it you get a point then it starts over. but if you miss your shot you get no point and the ball go's back to joe blow.
bamafoos

Postby greg childress on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Joe blow sounds like a bully..... A type to smack it around and get spitting mad.....

Greg C.
greg childress

Postby lilgreg on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:23 pm

I always wonders what L$$$ Lees middle name was :P He's always picking on the little kids
lilgreg

Postby Choike2 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:15 pm

BG- with regard to our two hour texting discussion over the events that transpired last Thursday night in FTW, I propose the following local rule: If you're paired with someone who's rated less than 900, you have the OPTION to play by yourself. If you choose to play by yourself, you must finish the tournament BY YOURSELF! I think this will alleviate some of the frustration that has been occurring lately in FTW. Your suggestion about the anchors and grenades playing together is worth consideration and may actually result when better amateurs choose to play as a single. Our problem is obviously different than the other two clubs where I play, i.e., we're forced to accommodate ppl who don't care about their game OR have not demonstrated any commitment to THE GAME. I suspect this is partially due to our $5 dollar e/f's, and our ultra-liberal free play/free pizza policy. Thursday, Brantley had to take a partner who (I've never seen B4) was wearing 6" heels and kept exclaiming, "my blocker was in front of the ball...." ( I later found out it was Chuck Weathers dressed in drag) somebody else took the chick (her friend) who did not possess the dexterity necessary to grab the ball! :oops: :roll: . I watched her let 2 or 3 balls roll into her own goal at zero mph. Another individual tried to play goalie. He turned the ball over to the opponent's 3 bar so many times during the tournament, that he forced his partner to drive back to Pensacola with a blood pressure of 200/120. But it was ok for him as his rating is 700, and it was the first time anyone has seen him play in three months. If you make the comment, "watch your turnovers" it just goes in one ear and out the other. I will say this about Billy: that is the one thing he preached to me for 2 years. I guess you have to be a former TEAM athlete to understand this concept. I think my dog, Jack, understands the concept. For the rest of the newbies, we'll try to get it offered as a 1 hour elective class at the local junior college.(Hey, might as well make it mandatory....) Foosball must be respected as a sport because it damn sure is one. If you just want to get your feet wet I am of the opinion you should be paired with like-minded individuals. Comments? 8)
Choike2

Postby lilgreg on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Don't talk about Chuck like that Jamie. He's the best sportsmen if ever seen. After I shut Andy MAC down and jurked 3 off the back he said heck no. And blocked the rest of my shots and even 5 me twice. Boy did he put me in my place.
I'm sorry for not being as good of a sportsmen as my P ( Chuck ).
Ps. Next time fling that poo the other way. :shock:
lilgreg

Postby bamafoos on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:29 pm

you will have that when you have an open dyp. if they pay then they can play do what we are going to do have an limited dyp you must have at 1000 befor you can get in. but on one hand look at tabatha see is under 900 but she can clear the ball and block and make the ball so what we all need to do is take all our low players that know the game and put them at 1000 and any one under won't get to play or if there or more then one under 1000 make them play together.
bamafoos

Postby Choike2 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm only talking about FTW. we get stone cold beginners who don't know how to spin the rods. Tabatha can play, just like Melody. in those cases you have to take them as partners even though their rating may be below 900. (Those are special exceptions: ppl that are used to playing tournaments.) FTW gets ppl straight from the bar, drunk, but want to play...
Choike2

Postby Chuck Weathers on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 pm

I've never played in ft walton, but my opinion on the newbys is this, All you better players with attitudes , SHUT IT! first and foremost, the game has to be fun or none of us would be doing it. In order for the game to grow in anyones area, welcome the newbys and maybe, just maybe one of those times that they actually contribute to the game a lil bit, praise them . I'm a firm believer that in order to become a better player adjust to what you gotta do and go with it. No grenades, no names no nothing but *Hey man I enjoyed it see ya next week*is all that needs to be said. Those newbys are the ones who can make the program grow or not grow. five dollars is a joke. that doesnt deter any hacker from playing actually it would encourage them to play.finally remind them that the only way not to get talked about is to be there next week!!! :D
Chuck Weathers

Postby Chuck Weathers on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 pm

and i looked good in drag Too!!
Chuck Weathers

Postby Choike2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:37 am

Correction: *hey girl* :shock:

Choike2

Postby caveman70458 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:33 am

I dont care who I draw as long as that person tries is all I ask.You will never hear me throw a fit.ITS A DRAW!We use to have alot of ppl that would trip over Newbys but they have calmed it down a ton.Just remember if we dont have Newbys,Foosball will die.Younger ppl that get in,shoot any new ones are great to build your player base.They wont always be Newbys remember that and your 4-5 team tournies will turn into 10 team tournies real soon.Give them a chance!
caveman70458

Postby bamafoos on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:45 pm

amen.....
bamafoos

Postby Choike2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:22 pm

All the Ft. Walton T-shirts are now in!! Each 100% cotton shirt has 3 letters embossed on the front: NSG (newbie support group) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Choike2

Postby caveman70458 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 am

Hey wait wasnt yall Newbys at one time?Wait....Wasnt I a Newby at one time?Hmmm
caveman70458

Postby greg childress on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:51 am

I still be a 15 year newbie!!!!! Told Jamie I wanted my own JERSEY with " NEWBIE " on the back and the # 15.5...... Lol

Greg C.
greg childress

Postby Brad on Bass on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 am

Now that's funny...I dont care who ya are! :lol:

And you need 1 small jersey right Greg? :mrgreen:
Brad on Bass

Postby lilgreg on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:57 pm

I won't camo with grenades wanted on the front and
Dead or alive on the back :D
Or mabe like the old fear this shirts with foos this on the front and a grenade on the back
Last edited by lilgreg on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilgreg

Postby Choike2 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:09 pm

8) Mike, I found myself telling Tim Y. the exact same things: like, "all I want is for someone to try hard". But, what I think a lot of y'all need to do is go back and re-read the post carefully. My problem is PLAYING with stone-cold newbies, or the other ppl that come to FTW and tell me, "I'm just here for the pizza". Or, other ppl that are "comfortable" with the social routine- i.e., "there for the gathering". The entire concept of telling someone, "you're untrained" or "you haven't paid your dues" seems to be lost in this instant gratification, instant credibility society. (credibility without character) These "problems" are not unlike a microcosm of contemporary American societal values as dwelt upon by liberals and conservatives. "Conservatives" stress hard work, success, sink or swim type mentality and make no room for the less fortunate and stumble when they "run over people". "Liberals" make room for the less fortunate, but stumble when the less fortunate decide to "stay put" socially.(in this case, competitively) The very spirit of COMPETITION pre-supposes improvement, and it allows for a "harder I work, the more I'll enjoy it" mentality for those who are willing to put forth the effort to succeed. (btw, at the turn of the 20th century immigrants though the turn-stiles at Ellis Island, N.Y. were asked if they had ever been on any type of gov't assistance or public "dole". If you answered, "yes" you were denied entry into the U.S. :shock: ) I said this, and I guess I'll say it again. You are entitled to your level of commitment. :( But when you mentally try the patience of accomplished regulars over and over again to the point where THEY begin to drop out, we have a real problem. Please understand, I'm not calling you out or finding personal fault. It's the system that's broken. Now, we are not "growing" the sport but assuming a "damage-control" stance. (not unlike ppl that refuse to get off welfare) Awhile back I wrote an article proving that dyp's dumb-down the whole competitive process for foosball tournaments. I also think there is nothing wrong with dyp's when every person in the room is an accomplished player. It's kinda why we can get away with it at Chuck's house. But when you have a semi-accomplished player get paired with a "no-player", it's frustrating. When you pair him enough times with a "no-player"(Tim's term) that you piss him off to the point of no-return, the system(dyp's) is broken. If you are reluctant, or flat-out refuse to fix it, -hey, it's a free country. (Ironically, lazy people have big egos.) I think many more of our tournaments should be BYP's.(just my opinion) Folks will argue this point, and rightfully so-, but from my standpoint, I only want to play those ppl that can beat the shit out of me. All I ask is that you continue to play me. "playing up"(BYP's) does three things: 1) it brings out the competitive side of an individual and forces an internal decision: "do I want to stay with this battle, losing or not". 2) it efficiently reveals the benchmark of performance, again, asking the question of one's self- "do I have the skill-set, guts, and brains that are necessary to move on against this new level of players". a Third benefit of improvement is that it has a contagious effect on others. They improve. If you're lucky, you'll find ppl that will help you and encourage you. I sure have, that's one of the side-effects of the sport of foosball, all the new friends.(like personalities, not-withstanding) I'll finish with this: I was talking with Thad about a year ago about the, "state of the game". "Why wasn't foosball gaining popularity" Thad's answer? "The sport takes too much effort". Gulf Coast Foosball is faced with two choices: Dumb it down or step it up. In either case, you let the periphery sort itself out. I know you'll find stepping it up to be the favorable of the two. For the rest of the folks out there that believe my comments to be "exclusionary", they are, but only to those people who refuse to :arrow: pay the price. Philosophically, we're talking about competition, not church. When you "mix" social gatherings (dyp's) with competition this is what you get: not much of either. 8)
Choike2

Postby greg childress on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:10 pm

How did you guess Brad.... Lmao

Greg C.
greg childress

Next

Return to Foosball Tournament Announcements

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved