spacer
netfoos fooball statistics
spacer
spacer

Florida Foosball Series #6 - February 6-8, 2009 in Tampa

Chat or post information about foosball tournaments.

Postby Mark on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:57 pm

$ 6 , 0 0 0
Florida Foosball Series #6
Rookie / Semi-Pro Regional

FLYER NOW AVAILABLE - SEE UPDATED POST BELOW

February 6-8, 2009 at Strokers 2 Billiards
11236 W. Hillsborough Ave., Tampa, Florida, 33635

Includes $500 Prize Value Raffle - Raffle Entry Included With Package Purchase

Flyer link coming soon!
For hotel info contact Jason Lurie at 727-580-9101
Mark
Site Admin

Postby splattman on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Here is the preliminary flier for the tournament. click on the link and scroll down to the download button.....

[url]
[/url]
splattman

Postby Mark on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:00 am

Flyer Now Available, Click Link Below...

SEE UPDATED FLYER LINK BELOW (2008-01-28 post)
Mark
Site Admin

Postby foosfighter on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:56 pm

- Phil :D
Last edited by foosfighter on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foosfighter

Postby IslandTime on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:54 am

I think it's still on, just a short power problem, not sure. Maybe if all else fails, have it in the parking lot, just need hotdog cart and beer! haha BP
IslandTime

Postby Mark on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:37 pm

I don't know all the details, but it looks like Big O's is closed. I just spoke with Jason and the new tournament location is practically across the street at a place called the Green Parrot. I will be working on getting the updated flyer out tonight with the new location information.

Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby foosfighter on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:53 pm

PHil in
Last edited by foosfighter on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foosfighter

Postby sohare0815 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 pm

That goes to show you what happens when you put a competent situation into incompetent hands , ie: Jason "The Bullshit Artist" Lurie. However, I'm sure Lurie has plenty of scams/cons to pull off a location. He's the only guy I know that can sell a piece of shit to Roto Rooter. On a seperate note, I'm taking resume's for the Semi Pro/Rookie event. So if your interested in winning an event? Post It ! Will consider all applicants :)

Scott O'Hare
sohare0815

Postby jasonbird20002002 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Listen... Einstein you have taken way to many steroid needles ... as far as being COMPETENT!! the action that i took to still make this tournament happen would have taken you years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you have a place that because of the recession...... closes the doors after promoising alot of people alot of thing ....So I.. drive to tampa .
............find a vendor !!!!!!!that I DONT EVEN KNOW... a NEW LOCATION!!!! and still negotiate that the 6-7-8- which is in a week and a half AWAY...He's going to have 50 PLUS lunitics thats going to drive away the majority of his bread and butter costumers !!! Bull shit or just plain good ... ALL... so I can still see alot of old friends get together.because as you know its not the money
SO SMELL THAT BULLSHIT
(RESPECT IT)..
And B.T.W. you dont have a chance on winner the Pro/Rookie event. since im in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i should make it woinner take all

Jason Lurie
jasonbird20002002

Postby maksuten on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Wow I feel the love guys....LOL! I may come up next wekend if I can find a partner or two. This is Ron King from Sarasota. I am not sure but probably
rookie status? Have not played up there in a while because of small turn
outs so playing here in Sarasota. Anyone interested let me know....
maksuten

Postby sohare0815 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:43 pm

The application process for my partner in the Semi Pro/Rookie event is now closed. I would like to thank all who applied. After dozens of Inquiries and carefull considerations, I have made a decision. The winner and this year's future Semi Pro/Rookie event champ is none other than Mr. Alan Montrone straight out of a Chilies restaurant. When Chilies corporate found out that Montrone had an opportunity to play in a foosball tournament with Florida's own Legendary Scott "The Dead Bar King" O'Hare, they quickly without any hesitation accomodated Montrone with the day off.

Go long or Go home!
Scott
sohare0815

Postby Foozkillah on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:44 pm

maksuten wrote:Wow I feel the love guys....LOL! I may come up next wekend if I can find a partner or two. This is Ron King from Sarasota. I am not sure but probably
rookie status? Have not played up there in a while because of small turn
outs so playing here in Sarasota. Anyone interested let me know....

Hey Ron,

What's it like in Sara, after losing Moose first to us in south Florida, (he's happy foosing in Slidell Louisiana, now.) and then Rob "marineman", who's spending over half his time down here, too, in Juno Beach, while working out his contracts with Palm Beach County? I wonder if li'l oleschool Casey still plays around there? What's funny is Rob's apt is a couple miles from the Brass Ring Pub, where we had Casey as a regular 10 yrs ago, before he moved back to Sara. And that's where we met the Zinger, about five Honda Classics ago, with his caddy, world SP dubs champion Ted Scott ( with fellow Lafayette'ian Terry Rue). Sarasota foosers seem to be coming out of the woodwork. Maybe at least you guys still have the Zinger, whenever he's not on ESPN. There's always Rudy's, anyway. Unless that's now changed, too.

Hawaiian Flyin Foozkillah Brian
Foozkillah

Postby maksuten on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Hey Brian Moose talked of you at times. Yes we lost him that sucked but he was a friend too so was more than losing a foos bud. Zinger plays once in a great while but is a busy man. I have played against Ted before here a few times.
Casey I do not know wish he would come play at Badda Bings in Gulf Gate.
Rudys has not been good for a long time and I hate to drive up for a small showing. Nice to see some of the guys I like in Tampa area though from time to time. Rob is here some weekends so he comes out then. I think Rick Ino will start playing here some as he is in Bradenton. That will be nice and give us another player. We have had a few move away in the last two years. I don't
know if I'll make it to Tampa for this one......might go up and play in a blind draw or two? Well take it easy on the other coast .
Ron
maksuten

Postby foosfighter on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:40 am

The application process for my partner in the Semi Pro/Rookie event is now closed

Dang it - I was too late on this, anyway good luck Scott. You might be able to win with out me.
foosfighter

Postby splattman on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:05 pm

Hey Lurie,

What's the Hotel Info? I know you negotiated some good rates for out of towners.

G-
splattman

Postby sohare0815 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:02 pm

Fresh off the press. This is Scott "The Dead Bar King" O'Hare advising that the Tournament is a GO !!!!!!!!!!!! The location will be the old Planet 9-Ball which is now called Strokers 2 on Hillsborough Avenue. Stand by for Lurie and Winker to revise the flyer. I'm glad to hear of the new location. This place is huge with a full liquor bar and a good food menu. Again, The $7000 tourny will be held at Strokers 2 on Hillsborough Avenue just east of Race Track Road.

Go long or go home!
Scott
sohare0815

Postby Mark on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Updated Flyer with Strokers 2 Location Info...

Mark
Site Admin

Postby Foozkillah on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:57 am

Whatuppph O'Hare?

Hey Osifer Scott! So Alan Montrone still plays? Where've the Tampa peeps been playing, do they still do those weeklies at Rudy's? Or is it all Pokem'N'Holdem now? Haven't seen you, Scott, on dah FoosballBoard. All reset on a new server and still the baddest set of foosers on the planet in the forums. But Scott, your beloved Radack's still talking with his 2nd favorite organ up his alimentary canal, as usual. You and Mike Green should go on just to chastise this guy... you'll have lots of help... especially from his own Dallas local's players. :twisted:

Should be a wild year.. with BVD-Tornado up for sale, back to single goalplayers, the worst new balls in Tornado's history since the 80's... I might ride up there, too, just to schmooze. Maybe they'll have Warnados or something... We got foos at Lost Weekends (bigger, brighter, better and right above the #1 rock club in the nation) and on Clematis now! Remember the ole Monkey Club on the 200 block? Its now Dr Feelgoods and Clematis Social(kickass restaurant) on the ground floor... Lost Weekends and Club Monarchy on the 2nd floor. Nuts! And Adam Chandler's got his Chandler Originals shop in Lake Worth going pretty good, making custom bikes and shipping them out. And his wife Sally's doing Ok, too! Remember Adam's cousin Bob? He's a pit boss at the Hard Rock now!

Happy noo yearhhh...
Foozkillah

Postby Mark on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Here is the hotel info from Jason...

I found one 3 miles from strokers 2 -- 45 dollars + tax for a single, 55 dollars + tax for a double, they have to ask for the foosball rate...

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
6902 W hillsborough ave.
tampa , florida 33634

813-886-7799 if any problem ask for Andy he is the manager there

Mark
Site Admin

Postby sohare0815 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Hey Lurie,

I was thinking about going to the parrot tonight to practice and was wondering if you wanted to join me? Word is, you weaseled $20 worth of bar tab coupons from the last tourney you ran up there instead of giving it to the placing players. So I figure you can pay for drinks. What do you say? foosball with free drinks? Yeah, thats what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!

The Snake Catcher,
Scott "The Dead Bar King" O'Hare
sohare0815

Postby Mark on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Florida Foosball Series #6
Live Charts LInk

Mark
Site Admin

Return to Foosball Tournament Announcements

copyright 2005-2009 netfoos.com • all rights reserved